This website collections information from you in two ways:
- The information that you manually provide to us such as your email address, shipping address, billing address, phone number and items that you purchased from us. This information can be tied directly to you because of the information you’ve provided.
- The information that’s automatically collected via our third-party partners: PayPal, WordPress Jetpack, Facebook, Google Analytics, USPS, Constant Contact and Mail Chimp. The types of information collected here include things like your IP address, what pages you looked at and for how long, and which items you added to your shopping cart. Generally, our third-party partners only give us this information in the aggregate (e.g. it’s not identifiable to you) but sometimes it can be tied directly to you like when you complete a purchase.
This is how we protect your information:
- We use SSL (secure sockets layer) to ensure that all data transmitted between the web server and browser remains encrypted.
- We use PayPal to securely process online payments and Paygistix to process in-store credit card payments. These secure portals use industry standard encryption technology process your payment. We do not have access to your credit card number. It is not stored on our website nor on any of our computers.
- limiting which employees have access to our website analytics software
- limiting which employees have access to our customer database
- All employees who process online orders are trained to only print one copy of your invoice (this contains a list of all items in your order as well as your shipping & billing address) and to send this invoice to you inside of your package. If a second copy of your invoice is printed for any reason, we shred it after processing your order.
We use your information to fulfill your online orders, to send you marketing emails (if you signed up for those), to improve the functionality of our website and to analyze our website traffic.
- Your mailing address is shared with USPS so that we can ship your packages.
- Your email address is shared with Constant Contact and Mail Chimp so that we can send you class reminders, order confirmations, shipping confirmations, and marketing emails (if you signed up for those.)
- Your page viewing history is shared with Facebook so that we can show you sponsored content on Facebook that is relevant to you.
If you would like to know what information we have that’s directly attributable to you, please email us at info@DesignAndAdorn.com.