Be sure to select the color you want from the dropdown menu!
Clicking on the photos DOES NOT change your color selection.
The Grandiose kit includes
- detailed written instructions with stringing charts for four different finished necklace lengths: approximately 18", 20", 22" and 24"
- 14mm x 13mm Czech glass petal beads
- size 8 Japanese seed beads
- size 18 Superlon
- big-eye needle
- 8mm TierraCast endcaps
- TierraCast magnetic clasp with jump rings
- binding thread
- E6000 glue
Tools needed to assemble the project (not included)
- foam kumihimo disk
- 8 weighted bobbins (~23g each)
- clip-on center weight (~45g)
- jewelry pliers
- white/craft glue to stiffen Superlon when use of needle is impossible (optional)
Three layers of large Czech glass petals command your attention while the flat-back design keeps this stunning necklace comfortably in place on your chest. Grandiose is wonderfully supple and drapes beautifully thanks to a clever trick in the stringing plan.
Grandiose is an all levels kumihimo project, and assumes you already know the basic kumihimo skills:
- how to thread a needle
- how to tie an overhand knot
- how to set up the disk for braiding
- how to string beads and follow a stringing chart
- how to drop beads and lock them in place in the braid
- how to bind off the ends of your braid
- how to glue on endcaps
- how to read a stringing chart
Grandiose is not recommend for a first beaded kumihimo project. The following elements make Grandiose more appropriate for braiders with some previous beaded kumihimo experience:
- asymmetrical counted pattern
- asymmetrical bead shape
Design by Rebecca Ann Combs
©2022 Rickbecca Publishing LLC
Distributed under license by Design & Adorn LLC.
While I am happy for you to sell any items you make using this Grandiose tutorial (as long as you are not mass producing them), I do ask that you credit me as the designer and please note that copying, teaching or sharing my Grandiose pattern is prohibited.