The Kismet kit includes
- detailed written instructions with stringing charts for two different lengths of lariat necklace.
- Soft Flex medium beading wire
- 10mm x 11mm engraved Czech glass bicones
- 6mm Preciosa crystal bicones
- TierraCast hammered cones
- crimp beads
- size 11 Japanese seed beads
- size 8 Japanese seed beads
- size 18 Superlon
- big-eye needle
TierraCast 8mm endcaps
- TierraCast Palace magnetic clasp with jump rings
- binding thread
- E6000 glue
Tools needed to assemble the project (not included)
- foam kumihimo disk
- 8 weighted bobbins (~23g each)
- wire cutters
- crimping pliers (optional)
- bead stopper (optional)
Kismet is a long lariat necklace featuring intriguingly engraved Czech bicones paired with sparkling crystal bicones to form beaded tassels that flow smoothly from a color-changing beaded kumihimo rope. Coordinating TierraCast endcaps and a magnetic clasp hide behind the neck to simplify putting your necklace on. Kismet is a project suitable for all levels.
If this is your very first beaded kumihimo project, please review our Beaded Kumihimo Starter Guide before beginning your necklace.
Design by Rebecca Ann Combs
©2022 Rickbecca Publishing LLC
Distributed under license by Design & Adorn LLC.
While I am happy for you to sell any items you make using this Kismet kit/tutorial (as long as you are not mass producing them), I do ask that you credit me as the designer and please note that copying, teaching or sharing my Kismet pattern is prohibited.
Are you in the Tucson area? We offer contact-free local pickup Tuesday through Saturday, 12:30 - 4:30 PM. Appointment required. We'll email you a scheduling link when your order is ready.