Be sure to select the color you want from the dropdown menu!
Clicking on the photos DOES NOT change your color selection.
The Mermaid's Tale kit includes
- detailed written instructions
- Superlon Micro
- size 11 Japanese seed beads
- 14mm x 13mm Czech glass petal beads
- size 18 Superlon
- size 8 Japanese seed beads
- big-eye needle
- size 11 Delicas
- beading thread
- 2 sets 6mm stainless steel magnetic endcaps
- binding thread
- E6000 glue
Tools needed to assemble the project (not included)
- foam kumihimo disk
- 8 weighted bobbins (~23g each)
- clip-on center weight (~45g)
Mermaid's Tale is part of our modular collection with dramatic braided focal pieces paired with swappable back straps. The front of the Mermaid's Tale utilizes a counted kumihimo pattern and nested Czech glass petal beads to create a stunning mermaid scale look. The back strap features comfortable size 8 seed beads braided into a beaded rope. The front and back are connected with super strong magnetic endcaps and the joins are hidden under color-coordinated peyote stitch endcap covers.
Mermaid's Tale is an all levels kumihimo project, and assumes you already know the basic kumihimo skills:
- how to thread a needle
- how to tie an overhand knot
- how to set up the disk for braiding
- how to string beads and follow a stringing chart
- how to drop beads and lock them in place in the braid
- how to bind off the ends of your braid
- how to glue on endcaps
- how to read a stringing chart
Mermaid's Tale is not recommend for a first beaded kumihimo project. The following elements make Mermaid's Tale more appropriate for braiders with some previous beaded kumihimo experience:
- asymmetrical bead shape
- intermediate counted pattern
Design by Rebecca Ann Combs
©2020 Rickbecca Publishing LLC
Distributed under license by Design & Adorn LLC.
While I am happy for you to sell any items you make using this Mermaid's Tale tutorial (as long as you are not mass producing them), I do ask that you credit me as the designer and please note that copying, teaching or sharing my Mermaid's Tale pattern is prohibited.