Be sure to select the color you want from the dropdown menu!
Clicking on the photos DOES NOT change your color selection.
The Whimsy kit includes
- detailed written instructions with stringing charts for three necklace sizes: ~20", ~23", and ~26".
- detailed written instructions for making peyote stitch endcap covers
- 6mm Czech glass lentil beads
- 3mm Czech glass fire polished beads
- size 11 Delica beads
- size 11 Japanese seed beads
- Superlon Micro
- satin Rattail
- big-eye needle
- 6mm stainless steel magnetic endcaps
- One-G beading thread
- binding thread
- E6000 glue
Tools needed to assemble the project (not included)
- foam kumihimo disk
- 8 weighted bobbins (~23g each)
- clip-on center weight (~45g)
Lightweight, airy, and oh so fun, the Whimsy necklace adds personality to any outfit! Lentil beads spiral playfully front and center and then transition to sparkling fire polished beads. The loose spiral continues to the back of the necklace and you'll finish with stainless steel magnetic endcaps hidden under coordinating peyote stitch endcap covers. Some colorways (like the one shown in the sample photo) feature dual color lentils that create a color-shifting effect.
Whimsy is not recommend for a first beaded kumihimo project. The following elements make Whimsy more appropriate for beginner-plus to intermediate braiders:
- small bead size (11/0)
- asymmetrical counted pattern
- braiding around a core
Design by Rebecca Ann Combs
©2021 Rickbecca Publishing LLC
Distributed under license by Design & Adorn LLC.
While I am happy for you to sell any items you make using this Whimsy tutorial (as long as you are not mass producing them), I do ask that you credit me as the designer and please note that copying, teaching or sharing my Whimsy pattern is prohibited.
Are you in the Tucson area? We offer contact-free local pickup Tuesday through Saturday, 12:30 - 4:30 PM. Appointment required. We'll email you a scheduling link when your order is ready.