The Mirage kit includes
- detailed written instructions with a gram-by-gram recipe for how to make the 8-color bead mix as well as guidance on the color-theory used to make the mix as well as stringing charts for four different sizes of necklace.
- size 8 Japanese seed beads
- size 11 Japanese seed beads
- size 18 Superlon
- big-eye needle
TierraCast 6mm endcaps
- TierraCast 3-strand magnetic clasp with jump rings
Tools needed to assemble the project (not included)
- foam kumihimo disk
- 8 weighted bobbins (~23g each)
- clip-on center weight (~45g)
- binding thread
- E6000 glue
Mirage is a stunning new kumihimo necklace design by Rebecca Ann Combs. A luxuriously rich eight-color bead soup transforms into a strong single-color focal point across three braids of graduated lengths. We finished the necklace with subtly hammered endcaps and a matching three-strand magnetic clasp. Easy to braid with size 8 seed beads (with just a few size 11 beads hiding under the endcaps), Mirage is a project suitable for all levels.
If this is your very first beaded kumihimo project, please review our Beaded Kumihimo Starter Guide before beginning your necklace.
Design by Rebecca Ann Combs
©2022 Rickbecca Publishing LLC
Distributed under license by Design & Adorn LLC.
While I am happy for you to sell any items you make using this Mirage tutorial (as long as you are not mass producing them), I do ask that you credit me as the designer and please note that copying, teaching or sharing my Mirage pattern is prohibited.