The Caravan kit includes
- detailed written instructions with stringing charts for four different lengths
- Soft Flex medium beading wire
- 10mm x 11mm engraved Czech glass bicones
- 6mm Preciosa crystal bicones
- TierraCast hammered cones
- crimp beads
- size 8 Japanese seed beads
- size 18 Superlon
- big-eye needle
TierraCast 8mm endcaps
- TierraCast magnetic clasp with jump rings
- binding thread
- E6000 glue
Tools needed to assemble the project (not included)
- foam kumihimo disk
- 8 weighted bobbins (~23g each)
- wire cutters
- chain nose pliers
- crimping pliers (optional)
- bent nose pliers
- bead stopper (optional)
- bead spinner & bead spinner needle (optional)
A beginner friendly combination of bead stringing and kumhimo, Caravan features a focal section of engraved Czech bicones and sparkling Preciosa crystals strung on Soft Flex wire. Each of the ten kit colorways includes a custom blend of size 8 seed beads to complement and support the focal beads. TierraCast cones and endcaps elegantly frame each section of the necklace.
If this is your very first beaded kumihimo project, please review our Beaded Kumihimo Starter Guide before beginning your necklace.
Design by Rebecca Ann Combs
©2023 Rickbecca Publishing LLC
Distributed under license by Design & Adorn LLC.
While I am happy for you to sell any items you make using this Caravan kit/tutorial (as long as you are not mass producing them), I do ask that you credit me as the designer and please note that copying, teaching or sharing my Caravan pattern is prohibited.
Are you in the Tucson area? We offer contact-free local pickup Tuesday through Saturday, 12:30 - 4:30 PM. Appointment required. We'll email you a scheduling link when your order is ready.